VMware Hiring 3 - 5 Years Exp : Technical Staff On June 2015 At Bangalore
|Experience||3 - 5 Years|
|Job Role||Member of Technical Staff|
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
With the rapid rise of mobile and non-Windows devices, and end-user ‘Cloud’ expectations of access from anywhere, enterprises are struggling with how to enable their users to be productive (while maintaining security) with the still largely Windows based applications and infrastructure they run their businesses on. Remoting is one of the key technologies that can bridge this divide, as it can support any network connected device and still gives IT the control they require. While remote display technologies have been around for decades, the demands on today’s required remote experience are far higher than even a few years ago. The challenges are numerous, from optimizing for wireless and mobile networks, efficient handling of broadcasted streaming video, desktop video conferencing, HTML5/browser based remoting, client battery life, user interface translation from touch and gesture based devices, remoting of 3D CAD/CAM and medical imaging workloads, performance and efficiency and much more.
From a customer perspective, VMware provides Desktops or Applications as a Service either through service providers to enterprises, or enable enterprises IT to provide them directly as a managed service, delivered securely from the cloud to mobile devices, thin clients or desktops. The vision for EUC Desktop is to accelerate this Post PC era by radically simplifying IT management of Cloud hosted desktops and applications, while providing end users access to any device, with high fidelity user experience.
Take a look at our latest release! - http://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-view/ Team charter and goals become a part of the next generation of products at VMware that extends beyond the desktop. Join the Horizon Enterprise Readiness team and get your hands in to test and automate Inter-operability, Scalability, Availability and Reliability of various components of Horizon Suite such as View, Mirage, DaaS, vROPS for Horizon/Citrix, HvRO Plugin, and Workspace along with VMware vSphere platform. This position calls for a talented, creative Engineer to test interoperability and Scalability of various products, having experience automation and testing large enterprise server software interoperability, Scalability.
Some of the responsibilities of this job are:
Identify the large scale testing requirements of the Horizon components and contribute to test plans and test specifications
Identify the potential integration/Inter-op challenges and contribute to integration/Inter-op level test plans, test specifications, and certify integration/Interop requirements
Design the test cases to closely simulate customer's scenarios and find the approach to implement
Design and develop automated tests by following on the common guidance, design/develop test automation libraries and utilities
Create test schedules, Perform integration/InterOp testing, identify quality issues, track software defects, perform quality assessments, report quality status, follow up with engineering teams to handle the issues properly
Act as a customer advocate, looking for new ways to improve current quality processes and procedures
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Master is preferred
- 3to 5 years experience developing and/or testing in an enterprise or system level environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking.
- VMware product and/or Cloud computing experience
- Strong experience in gathering test requirement from customers, PMs and reading spec., familiar with risk based test design, test cases (automation/manual) implementation and execution, test resource/planning knowledge Integration, InterOp experience
- Passionate about quality. Good understanding about the best practice, processes, methodologies of QE, detail oriented and good follow through skill.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in storage related protocols such as CIFS, NFS, iSCSI
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Possess the in-depth knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux) and one or more of the following areas: system administration, networking and transport protocols, Storage (SAN) and file systems technology
- Strong, hands-on development experience in Java/Python and object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of SOAP / REST APIs and developing API automation in Java/Python