Thomson Reuters Hiring : Senior Application Support Engineer On June 2015 At Bangalore Only For Freshers
|Job Role||Senior Application Support Engineer|
Project Summary and Position Overview: (A detailed description of the Project and what the Position entails must be included)
In the Application Support Analyst role you will:
• Provide in-depth subject matter expertise and technical leadership for the current and future delivery, support, and maintenance of production services in the technical operations environment.
• Manage the technical recovery of production service during major incidents.
• Act as a change agent to continually improve operational processes and procedures.
• Provides technical input and analysis to tactical and strategic planning
• Utilize technical expertise and experience to architect solutions that will improve supportability and availability of production services
• Provide expert technical planning and risk analysis to ensure accurate and timely service deployments
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• • Analyze, collect, maintain and distribute key technology metrics both in real time and historical on the revenue generating products
• Lead short and long term projects providing detailed functional and technical document, project estimates, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports.
• Participate in the software development lifecycle; attend requirements reviews and developing leading edge processes to support these new product enhancements.
• Manage deploying software releases to production and QA
• Develop, maintain and support maintenance jobs and software upgrades on web server and SQL server.
• Develop, facilitate and maintain best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
• Act as the primary business liaison to the business segment, through facilitating communication between Development, QA, Product Management, Technical Operations and Segment business leaders on new product releases, technical outages, and routine maintenances (hosting moves). Effective communication and presentation to key business stakeholders are instrumental
• Troubleshooting 3rd level product issues (Incident Tracking and Resolution)
• As the Subject Matter Expert on some Investment Management products, you will be expected to help resolve critical issues, taking ownership of the issue until it is fully resolved.
• Fully familiarizes self with all aspects of the developed code.
• Recognizes design problems and errors and takes corrective action from a design perspective on the object code environment.
• Interfaces with development teams on system design enhancements and the elimination of intermittent hardware/software problems.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent life experience
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
• At least 3/4 years experience in troubleshooting and supporting scalable client facing, web based applications.
• At least 2 years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle including Requirement gathering, implementation and testing of web based applications.
• At least 3 years of experience in Windows operating systems administration.
• Experience with load balancers and DMZ environments.
• Extremely effective communication and presentation skills
• Ability to collaborate with Product Management, Development, Technical Operations, and Client Services Teams on ever day projects and issues.
• At least 3 years of hands-on troubleshooting experience in:
• IIS 5.0 / 6.0
• Relational Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
• Code deployment / packaging.