Thomson Reuters Hiring 2 + Years Exp : Process Developer On July 2015 At Bangalore
|Experience||2 + Years|
|Job Role||Process Developer - Transfer Pricing|
JOB DESCRIPTION – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Transfer Pricing Senior Process Associate – GAO Corporate role is responsible for the processing, delivery and accuracy of the transfer pricing accounting entries for a specific group of companies within the relevant TP framework that the team supports. This role sits within the central TP team based with the global accounting service centre in Bangalore in India. The role sits within the corporate division of Thomson Reuters which manages the central global functions that support the two main trading divisions Markets and Professional and has a global cost base of around $0.6m. The team currently supports over 140 markets entities and accounts for over $6bn value of transactions.
This role requires the candidate to have previously performed accounting activities within a service centre environment. An understanding a intercompany processes or transfer pricing concepts within a large global organisation is beneficial but not essential. The candidate must have a working knowledge of both SOX and IFRS.
The role reports to the Transfer Pricing Manager within the Global Accounting Operations department.
The key activities for the role are as follows:
- Review the accuracy and reasonableness of the transfer pricing numbers for the companies within remit as produced from the calculation tool.
- Obtain approvals of the transfer pricing numbers from the Business Unit Controllers on a quarterly basis before recording the entries in the accounting system. Answer and resolve any queries that arise from this process.
- Prepare the accounting entries to ensure that all calculations are recorded correctly within the company’s financial accounting systems and that all supporting documentation is attached. Ensure that these activities are done in accordance with the global calendar.
- Produce the intercompany invoices that support the calculations and ensure that these comply with local regulations.
- Settlement of the intercompany invoices on a timely basis to mitigate any foreign risk.
- Provide support, calculations and documentation for local audits.
- Provide support on any other queries for companies with remit.
- Assist in the reporting to prove that intercompany TP transactions match between the individual entities and on a consolidated basis.
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with the yearly SOX, internal and external audit exercises.
- Check the accuracy of accounting, VAT and WHT.
The Global Accounting Service Centre is one of two centres based in Bangalore and Hyderabad providing the finance Support and processing needs for Thomson Reuters Globally. Activities include supplier invoice processing and payment, employee expenses, cash application and management, intergroup accounting, financial and Statutory accounting, management reporting, local compliance and fixed asset responsibilities.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
Key attributes for this role are:
- Part qualified accountant or graduate with strong academic background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS
- Understanding of SOX
- End to end accounting process understanding
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Comfortable with working autonomously
- Efficient work ethic
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English
- Clear and effective communicator
- Strong customer focus work ethic
- Supporter of Shared Service culture.
- Self motivated
B.com / MBA- Finance with 2+ years of experience in the same field, knowledge on General ledgers, Inter company, Accounting and related fields.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: Accounting & Finance Family Group
Primary Location: India-Karnataka-Bangalore-IND-BLR-Divyasree Technopolis
Organization: Fin - Acctg Mgmt & Admin
Education Level: None
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job